Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Racine, WI market rose by 442 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.2%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Racine, WI unemployment rate is 42 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -5.6% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 17,100; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,900; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 11,000; -100
- Government: 9,200; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 7,400; +100
- Business Services: 6,900; no change
- Other Jobs: 3,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,400; +100
- Financial Services: 2,200; no change
- IT & Development: 300; no change
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.