Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 1.8% with the biggest shift in Construction, Mining, which gained 1,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Provo-Orem, UT market rose by 4,672 jobs in March and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Provo-Orem, UT unemployment rate is 195 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 90 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 3.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 63,300; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 52,300; +200
- Business Services: 41,600; -400
- Government: 34,700; no change
- Construction, Mining: 29,600; +1,500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,600; +200
- Manufacturing: 22,300; no change
- IT & Development: 15,900; +500
- Financial Services: 13,000; -100
- Other Jobs: 6,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.