Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.6% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which lost 600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, FL market declined by 2,236 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.6%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, FL unemployment rate is 80 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 6.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.1% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 36,300; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 32,400; +400
- Government: 27,700; +200
- Business Services: 27,700; -600
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,800; no change
- Financial Services: 16,500; +100
- Construction, Mining: 13,500; -200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.