Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.8% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 1,100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, FL market rose by 1,775 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.8%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent, FL unemployment rate is 98 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 170 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 11.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 35,700; -700
- Education & Healthcare: 31,600; no change
- Business Services: 28,500; +1,100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 26,500; +300
- Government: 25,300; +400
- Financial Services: 16,300; -100
- Construction, Mining: 13,500; +200
- Manufacturing: 7,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,300; no change
- IT & Development: 1,600; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.