Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 3,700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA market rose by 565 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA unemployment rate is 58 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 330 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 0.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.5%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 54,300; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 49,900; +600
- Business Services: 44,200; +200
- Government: 43,700; -3,700
- Restaurants & Hotels: 39,200; +900
- Manufacturing: 26,800; +100
- Construction, Mining: 18,900; +500
- Financial Services: 15,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 9,600; +100
- IT & Development: 4,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.