Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA market rose by 217 jobs in August and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 3.5%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA unemployment rate is 29 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 270 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in August versus prior month by -0.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.5% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 54,900; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 49,800; +200
- Business Services: 45,000; +600
- Government: 45,000; +1,300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 38,700; -500
- Manufacturing: 27,000; -100
- Construction, Mining: 18,500; -300
- Financial Services: 15,600; +200
- Other Jobs: 9,500; -100
- IT & Development: 4,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.