Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA market declined by 3,529 jobs in April and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 3.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 42 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA unemployment rate is 34 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 370 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in April versus prior month by 1.3% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 53,800; -400
- Education & Healthcare: 50,000; -200
- Government: 46,300; +100
- Business Services: 43,900; +300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 36,800; +500
- Manufacturing: 26,400; +100
- Construction, Mining: 18,200; +100
- Financial Services: 15,400; no change
- Other Jobs: 9,300; +100
- IT & Development: 4,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through April 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 1, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.