Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Oshkosh-Neenah, WI market rose by 553 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 3.0%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Oshkosh-Neenah, WI unemployment rate is 78 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 4.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.5% . Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 21,800; +100
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,900; +100
- Business Services: 12,000; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 11,400; no change
- Government: 10,800; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 7,300; +200
- Construction, Mining: 6,100; +200
- Other Jobs: 5,100; no change
- Financial Services: 4,300; no change
- IT & Development: 1,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.