Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.8% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 5,500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL market declined by 3,152 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL unemployment rate is 60 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 6.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.1% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 274,800; +5,500
- Transportation & Utilities: 263,700; +3,200
- Business Services: 254,600; +1,800
- Education & Healthcare: 172,700; +2,800
- Government: 128,800; +1,000
- Financial Services: 86,500; +500
- Construction, Mining: 77,300; -100
- Manufacturing: 55,400; +100
- Other Jobs: 44,800; -600
- IT & Development: 26,800; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.