Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 8,900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL market rose by 12,990 jobs in August and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL unemployment rate is 89 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 200 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.6% . Key sectors include:
- Restaurants & Hotels: 271,300; +5,300
- Transportation & Utilities: 261,900; +1,100
- Business Services: 255,300; +2,800
- Education & Healthcare: 164,800; +1,800
- Government: 127,000; +8,900
- Financial Services: 86,500; +300
- Construction, Mining: 77,800; +700
- Manufacturing: 54,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 44,600; +800
- IT & Development: 26,400; -300
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.