Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 2.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 3,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Omaha-Council Bluffs, NE-IA market rose by 715 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Omaha-Council Bluffs, NE-IA unemployment rate is 108 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 50 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.6%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 93,500; -900
- Education & Healthcare: 80,700; +100
- Business Services: 72,500; +300
- Government: 62,400; -3,800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 54,100; +2,100
- Financial Services: 41,400; -400
- Manufacturing: 34,300; -100
- Construction, Mining: 33,300; -200
- Other Jobs: 18,800; no change
- IT & Development: 11,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.