Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.5% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which lost 3,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, FL market declined by 658 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, FL unemployment rate is 82 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 90 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 14.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.9%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 61,800; -400
- Education & Healthcare: 61,000; -100
- Business Services: 49,300; -800
- Restaurants & Hotels: 45,000; -3,200
- Government: 31,000; +1,500
- Construction, Mining: 28,700; -200
- Manufacturing: 18,700; +100
- Financial Services: 16,800; +100
- Other Jobs: 15,400; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.