Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 1,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, FL market rose by 425 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, FL unemployment rate is 70 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 9.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.2% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 62,100; +1,100
- Transportation & Utilities: 62,000; +200
- Business Services: 49,900; +500
- Restaurants & Hotels: 46,700; +1,200
- Government: 31,300; +300
- Construction, Mining: 28,900; +300
- Manufacturing: 18,600; +200
- Financial Services: 16,900; no change
- Other Jobs: 15,600; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.