Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 1,400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, FL market rose by 1,072 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, FL unemployment rate is 108 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 150 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 16.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 61,900; -300
- Education & Healthcare: 60,700; +300
- Business Services: 51,800; +1,400
- Restaurants & Hotels: 49,000; +100
- Construction, Mining: 28,900; +500
- Government: 28,100; -1,400
- Manufacturing: 18,800; +100
- Financial Services: 16,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 15,200; no change
- IT & Development: 3,500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.