Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, FL market declined by 228 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, FL unemployment rate is 50 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in October versus prior month by -7.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 29,900; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 28,100; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 25,300; +300
- Construction, Mining: 20,000; no change
- Business Services: 19,900; +100
- Government: 13,300; +100
- Financial Services: 9,700; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.