Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 2.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, FL market rose by 696 jobs in August and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, FL unemployment rate is 99 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in August versus prior month by -4.5% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 29,300; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 27,900; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 24,500; +200
- Construction, Mining: 20,400; +500
- Business Services: 19,700; no change
- Government: 13,200; +1,100
- Financial Services: 9,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 9,500; +100
- Manufacturing: 5,500; no change
- IT & Development: 1,300; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.