Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.3% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Macon-Bibb County, GA market rose by 99 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 3.3%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Macon-Bibb County, GA unemployment rate is 48 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 3.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.1% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 22,100; +200
- Transportation & Utilities: 20,500; -100
- Government: 13,900; no change
- Business Services: 12,200; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 11,200; +100
- Financial Services: 9,200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.