Overall unemployment rate moved up to 1.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Logan, UT-ID market rose by 760 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 1.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Logan, UT-ID unemployment rate is 160 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 13.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.9% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 16,800; +600
- Manufacturing: 14,900; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,800; +300
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.