Overall unemployment rate moved down to 1.7% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Logan, UT-ID market rose by 876 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 1.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Logan, UT-ID unemployment rate is 205 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 60 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 10.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.1% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 16,200; +100
- Manufacturing: 14,700; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 11,300; +100
- Business Services: 8,200; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 7,900; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,500; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,700; no change
- Financial Services: 1,900; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,200; no change
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.