Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.8% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which gained 600 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, AR market rose by 2,303 jobs in October and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 2.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, AR unemployment rate is 60 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is equal to the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 9.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 76,000; +600
- Government: 67,500; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 60,400; +500
- Business Services: 46,300; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 37,100; +300
- Financial Services: 23,700; +200
- Manufacturing: 20,100; +200
- Construction, Mining: 18,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 18,300; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.