Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.8% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, AR market rose by 3,747 jobs in February and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, AR unemployment rate is 34 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 160 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in February versus prior month by -5.8% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.3% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 74,400; -200
- Government: 67,900; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 58,700; +700
- Business Services: 46,400; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 32,500; +400
- Financial Services: 22,600; -100
- Manufacturing: 19,500; +200
- Other Jobs: 17,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 17,800; -100
- IT & Development: 5,400; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.