Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.6% with the biggest shift in Education & Healthcare, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Lewiston, ID-WA market declined by 56 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 2.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Lewiston, ID-WA unemployment rate is 118 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 70 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -3.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 5,400; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 5,200; +100
- Government: 5,100; -100
- Manufacturing: 4,500; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 3,100; no change
- Construction, Mining: 1,800; no change
- Business Services: 1,500; no change
- Financial Services: 1,400; no change
- Other Jobs: 900; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.