Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.0% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Lewiston, ID-WA market rose by 196 jobs in August and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 40 bps to 3.0%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Lewiston, ID-WA unemployment rate is 79 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in August versus prior month by -5.0% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.3%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 5,400; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 5,200; no change
- Government: 5,100; no change
- Manufacturing: 4,500; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 3,100; no change
- Construction, Mining: 1,800; no change
- Business Services: 1,400; -100
- Financial Services: 1,400; no change
- Other Jobs: 900; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.