Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.0% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Leominster-Gardner, MA market declined by 143 jobs in May and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Leominster-Gardner, MA unemployment rate is 62 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 260 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in May versus prior month by -4.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,100; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,000; -100
- Government: 8,900; no change
- Manufacturing: 6,600; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,600; +200
- Business Services: 3,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,400; +100
- Other Jobs: 1,600; no change
- Financial Services: 1,500; no change
- IT & Development: 200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.