Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.1% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Leominster-Gardner, MA market declined by 379 jobs in July and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Leominster-Gardner, MA unemployment rate is 32 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 270 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -3.1% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.4%. Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,200; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,000; no change
- Government: 7,900; -500
- Manufacturing: 6,700; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,100; +100
- Business Services: 3,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,500; +100
- Other Jobs: 1,700; no change
- Financial Services: 1,600; +100
- IT & Development: 200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.