Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.2% with the biggest shift in Financial Services, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Leominster-Gardner, MA market declined by 457 jobs in August and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 4.2%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Leominster-Gardner, MA unemployment rate is 41 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 210 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in August versus prior month by -2.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.4%. Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 11,200; no change
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,000; no change
- Government: 8,000; -100
- Manufacturing: 6,700; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,100; no change
- Business Services: 3,600; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,500; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,700; no change
- Financial Services: 1,500; -100
- IT & Development: 200; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.