Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Lebanon, PA market rose by 893 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 130 bps to 2.8%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Lebanon, PA unemployment rate is 52 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 190 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in September versus prior month by -8.8% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 4.2% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 13,000; +400
- Manufacturing: 9,300; +100
- Government: 9,000; +900
- Education & Healthcare: 8,600; +200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.