Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 3,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Lakeland-Winter Haven, FL market rose by 181 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Lakeland-Winter Haven, FL unemployment rate is 14 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 250 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 2.4% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.7%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 77,900; +700
- Business Services: 36,700; -600
- Education & Healthcare: 36,600; +300
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,800; +500
- Government: 25,600; -3,000
- Manufacturing: 18,100; +100
- Financial Services: 14,700; no change
- Construction, Mining: 14,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,300; +100
- IT & Development: 2,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.