Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 3,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Lakeland-Winter Haven, FL market rose by 1,199 jobs in August and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.5%. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Lakeland-Winter Haven, FL unemployment rate is 29 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 190 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 2.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 78,200; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 37,300; +500
- Business Services: 36,500; -900
- Government: 28,500; +3,000
- Restaurants & Hotels: 25,600; -600
- Manufacturing: 18,100; no change
- Financial Services: 14,800; no change
- Construction, Mining: 14,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 7,500; +100
- IT & Development: 2,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.