Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.0% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which lost 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Lake Havasu City-Kingman, AZ market rose by 165 jobs in May and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.0%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Lake Havasu City-Kingman, AZ unemployment rate is 62 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 190 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 11.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.7%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 13,600; -500
- Education & Healthcare: 9,300; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,400; +100
- Government: 7,800; -100
- Construction, Mining: 4,400; +100
- Business Services: 4,000; no change
- Manufacturing: 3,000; no change
- Financial Services: 2,100; no change
- Other Jobs: 2,000; no change
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.