Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Lake Havasu City-Kingman, AZ market declined by 353 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 90 bps to 3.5%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Lake Havasu City-Kingman, AZ unemployment rate is 25 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 280 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 14.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -1.4%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 14,300; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 9,300; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 8,200; no change
- Government: 7,400; -500
- Construction, Mining: 4,200; -100
- Business Services: 3,900; -100
- Manufacturing: 3,000; no change
- Financial Services: 2,100; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,900; -100
- IT & Development: 400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.