Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 2.5% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 2,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the La Crosse-Onalaska, WI-MN market rose by 968 jobs in September and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- La Crosse-Onalaska, WI-MN unemployment rate is 82 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 20 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 2.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 2.8% . Key sectors include:
- Education & Healthcare: 17,100; +300
- Transportation & Utilities: 15,400; no change
- Government: 10,400; +2,000
- Manufacturing: 8,900; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 7,500; -200
- Business Services: 6,000; -100
- Financial Services: 4,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 4,400; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.