Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 4.2% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 500 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Killeen-Temple, TX market rose by 1,194 jobs in October and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Killeen-Temple, TX unemployment rate is 80 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 1.8% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 39,100; +500
- Transportation & Utilities: 29,200; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 24,500; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 17,900; no change
- Business Services: 13,900; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.