Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.8% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 700 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Killeen-Temple, TX market declined by 1,072 jobs in June and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 4.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 46 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Killeen-Temple, TX unemployment rate is 96 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 160 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in June versus prior month by 3.2% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.1%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 38,000; -700
- Transportation & Utilities: 28,700; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 24,200; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 17,900; +200
- Business Services: 13,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 7,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 7,400; +100
- Financial Services: 6,300; +100
- Other Jobs: 5,000; +100
- IT & Development: 1,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through June 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on August 3, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.