Overall unemployment rate moved down to 4.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Killeen-Temple, TX market rose by 302 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 4.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Killeen-Temple, TX unemployment rate is 92 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 120 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in July versus prior month by -0.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.1% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 37,600; -400
- Transportation & Utilities: 28,900; +200
- Education & Healthcare: 24,400; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 18,300; +200
- Business Services: 13,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 7,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 7,400; no change
- Financial Services: 6,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 5,000; -100
- IT & Development: 1,100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.