Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.4% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which lost 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Janesville-Beloit, WI market declined by 158 jobs in October and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 3.4%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Janesville-Beloit, WI unemployment rate is 0 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is equal to the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 17.2% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.5%. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 16,600; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 10,600; no change
- Manufacturing: 10,600; -200
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.