Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.9% with the biggest shift in Construction, Mining, which gained 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Janesville-Beloit, WI market rose by 157 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 10 bps to 3.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Janesville-Beloit, WI unemployment rate is 12 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 17.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.1% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 16,500; no change
- Manufacturing: 10,900; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 10,500; no change
- Government: 8,400; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 7,300; +100
- Business Services: 6,300; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,700; +100
- Other Jobs: 3,200; no change
- Financial Services: 1,800; no change
- IT & Development: 900; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.