Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 3.7% with the biggest shift in Construction, Mining, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Houma-Thibodaux, LA market rose by 850 jobs in March and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Houma-Thibodaux, LA unemployment rate is 5 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 140 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 15.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 21,200; -100
- Government: 10,400; -100
- Construction, Mining: 10,100; +200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.