Overall unemployment rate moved down to 6.1% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Hanford-Corcoran, CA market rose by 691 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 6.1%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Hanford-Corcoran, CA unemployment rate is 232 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 370 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 13.2% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.2% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 14,000; -300
- Transportation & Utilities: 7,000; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 6,700; no change
- Manufacturing: 4,600; +100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 4,500; +100
- Business Services: 1,300; no change
- Construction, Mining: 1,100; +100
- Financial Services: 900; no change
- Other Jobs: 800; no change
- IT & Development: 100; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.