Overall unemployment rate moved up to 3.2% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 1,800 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC market rose by 820 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 3.2%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC unemployment rate is 20 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 4.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 1.1% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 82,800; +500
- Business Services: 77,100; +1,800
- Government: 63,500; +1,100
- Manufacturing: 61,600; +400
- Education & Healthcare: 55,800; +900
- Restaurants & Hotels: 46,600; +100
- Financial Services: 22,100; +100
- Construction, Mining: 19,400; +200
- Other Jobs: 15,400; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.