Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which lost 1,400 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC market rose by 3,781 jobs in March and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC unemployment rate is 85 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 1.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs stayed flat. Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 80,800; +500
- Business Services: 75,300; -1,400
- Government: 61,500; -100
- Manufacturing: 59,900; +300
- Education & Healthcare: 53,800; -200
- Restaurants & Hotels: 42,600; +1,000
- Financial Services: 21,700; +300
- Construction, Mining: 19,600; -100
- Other Jobs: 14,700; -100
- IT & Development: 6,700; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.