Overall unemployment rate stayed flat at 2.9% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 1,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in September 2022.
Total employment in the Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC market declined by 565 jobs in August and the unemployment rate stayed flat. The national unemployment rate stayed flat over the same time period at 3.8%.
- Greenville-Anderson-Mauldin, SC unemployment rate is 89 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in August versus prior month by 5.7% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.5% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 82,400; -100
- Business Services: 72,900; +1,000
- Manufacturing: 61,600; +800
- Government: 59,700; +1,200
- Education & Healthcare: 53,900; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 47,000; -200
- Financial Services: 22,000; no change
- Construction, Mining: 19,200; -100
- Other Jobs: 15,500; -100
- IT & Development: 7,100; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through August 2022 (Data published September 2022 and reports created on September 28, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.