Overall unemployment rate moved down to 3.7% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 3,000 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Greensboro-High Point, NC market rose by 2,979 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 70 bps to 3.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Greensboro-High Point, NC unemployment rate is 38 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 100 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 9.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 81,300; +100
- Manufacturing: 52,500; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 51,300; -200
- Business Services: 48,800; -600
- Government: 44,300; +3,000
- Restaurants & Hotels: 37,600; +200
- Construction, Mining: 17,500; +100
- Financial Services: 17,000; -100
- Other Jobs: 12,200; no change
- IT & Development: 4,100; -100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.