Overall unemployment rate moved up to 4.3% with the biggest shift in Business Services, which gained 1,200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in December 2022.
Total employment in the Greensboro-High Point, NC market declined by 231 jobs in October and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 60 bps to 4.3%. The national unemployment rate increased by 8 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Greensboro-High Point, NC unemployment rate is 90 bps above the national rate which is a negative sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 40 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in October versus prior month by 9.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Transportation & Utilities: 82,300; +800
- Manufacturing: 52,600; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 51,600; +700
- Business Services: 50,300; +1,200
- Government: 45,000; +700
- Restaurants & Hotels: 36,300; -500
- Construction, Mining: 17,600; +200
- Financial Services: 17,000; +100
- Other Jobs: 12,300; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through October 2022 (Data published December 2022 and reports created on December 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.