Overall unemployment rate moved down to 1.6% with the biggest shift in Government, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Grand Forks, ND-MN market declined by 544 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 1.6%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Grand Forks, ND-MN unemployment rate is 172 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 80 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in September versus prior month by 7.1% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.9% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 11,900; +300
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,000; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 9,300; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 6,000; +200
- Manufacturing: 4,200; +100
- Business Services: 4,000; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.