Overall unemployment rate moved down to 1.8% with the biggest shift in Construction, Mining, which gained 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in June 2022.
Total employment in the Grand Forks, ND-MN market rose by 185 jobs in May and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 1.8%. The national unemployment rate increased by 4 bps over the same time to 3.4%.
- Grand Forks, ND-MN unemployment rate is 158 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 140 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in May versus prior month by 3.5% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.6% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 13,000; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,200; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 9,100; -100
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,700; +100
- Manufacturing: 4,100; no change
- Business Services: 4,000; +100
- Construction, Mining: 3,100; +300
- Other Jobs: 1,800; no change
- Financial Services: 1,600; no change
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through May 2022 (Data published June 2022 and reports created on June 29, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.