Overall unemployment rate moved up to 2.9% with the biggest shift in Transportation & Utilities, which lost 100 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Grand Forks, ND-MN market declined by 650 jobs in March and the unemployment rate increased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 2.9%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 39 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Grand Forks, ND-MN unemployment rate is 85 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 140 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in March versus prior month by 7.9% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.4%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 13,100; -100
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,200; -100
- Education & Healthcare: 9,200; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,900; no change
- Manufacturing: 4,100; no change
- Business Services: 3,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,600; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,800; +100
- Financial Services: 1,600; -100
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through March 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 27, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.