Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.1% with the biggest shift in Government, which lost 900 roles, based on the most recently available information published in August 2022.
Total employment in the Grand Forks, ND-MN market rose by 56 jobs in July and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 30 bps to 2.1%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 5 bps over the same time to 3.8%.
- Grand Forks, ND-MN unemployment rate is 168 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 130 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in July versus prior month by 7.3% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -2.1%. Key sectors include:
- Government: 11,500; -900
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,200; -200
- Education & Healthcare: 9,200; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,800; no change
- Manufacturing: 4,100; no change
- Business Services: 4,000; no change
- Construction, Mining: 3,300; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,800; no change
- Financial Services: 1,600; no change
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through July 2022 (Data published August 2022 and reports created on September 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.