Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.7% with the biggest shift in Restaurants & Hotels, which gained 200 roles, based on the most recently available information published in April 2022.
Total employment in the Grand Forks, ND-MN market rose by 578 jobs in February and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 50 bps to 2.7%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 28 bps over the same time to 4.1%.
- Grand Forks, ND-MN unemployment rate is 144 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 210 bps below the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a positive.
- Average wages (per hour) grew in February versus prior month by 7.7% and are up compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs grew by 0.8% . Key sectors include:
- Government: 13,100; +200
- Transportation & Utilities: 10,300; +100
- Education & Healthcare: 9,100; no change
- Restaurants & Hotels: 5,900; +200
- Manufacturing: 4,100; no change
- Business Services: 3,900; no change
- Construction, Mining: 2,600; no change
- Financial Services: 1,700; no change
- Other Jobs: 1,700; -100
- IT & Development: 500; no change
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through February 2022 (Data published April 2022 and reports created on April 6, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.