Overall unemployment rate moved down to 2.8% with the biggest shift in Manufacturing, which lost 300 roles, based on the most recently available information published in November 2022.
Total employment in the Fond du Lac, WI market declined by 1,088 jobs in September and the unemployment rate decreased compared to the prior month by 20 bps to 2.8%. The national unemployment rate decreased by 47 bps over the same time to 3.3%.
- Fond du Lac, WI unemployment rate is 52 bps below the national rate which is a positive sign.
- Unemployment in the market is 30 bps above the unemployment rate in the market last year at this time, which is a negative.
- Average wages (per hour) declined in September versus prior month by -3.6% and are down compared to last year at this time in the market.
For key employment segments of the market, total jobs declined by -0.3%. Key sectors include:
- Manufacturing: 11,800; -300
- Transportation & Utilities: 8,700; no change
- Education & Healthcare: 6,900; +100
- Government: 5,200; +100
Data is based on the most recent 12 months available, through September 2022 (Data published November 2022 and reports created on November 2, 2022). Source: Government data agency and locally acquired statistics.
Note: All reported data is not seasonally adjusted.